Cardiovascular surgeon in Bangalore.
Cardiology is a branch of medical science that takes care of medical issues of the heart. Though cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, heart surgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiovascular surgeons in Bangalore equally play important roles in treating patients with heart disease, their roles are quite different. Cardiologists deal with the diagnosis and medical treatment or nonsurgical procedures like balloon angioplasty, coronary stents, ablation procedures or device implantation like pacemakers or defibrillators. They don't perform open heart surgeries like: Bypass surgery and Heart Valve surgery. A Cardiovascular surgeon will operate on your heart and blood vessels to repair damage caused by diseases or disorders of the cardiovascular system. A Cardiovascular surgeon performs heart surgeries like-heart valve repair and replacement, heart defect repair, coronary artery bypass, aneurysm repair, transmyocardial laser revascularization, and heart transplantation.
The best Cardiovascular surgeon in Bangalore will help in treating conditions like:
- Coronary artery disease or blockages of the arteries in the heart
- Blockages in the heart valve(s)
- Leaking heart valve(s)
- Abnormal enlargement or aneurysms of the large arteries in the chest
- Heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
When should you book an appointment with a Cardiovascular surgeon in Bangalore?
An appointment with your Cardiovascular surgeon is recommended if:
- The medications or other initial treatments are no longer working.
- Your condition is congenital
- Your disease has become more severe
- All non-surgical treatment has already been tried on you but none has worked
A cardiovascular surgeon consultation is also recommended if you want to seek a second opinion
What are the different types of Cardiovascular Surgery?
A Cardiovascular surgeon can be categorized as Pediatric and Adult Cardiovascular surgeons. Pediatric Cardiovascular surgeons in Bangalore treat kids by
- Correcting conditions such as holes between chambers of the heart, valve problems, and abnormal blood vessels
- Repairing injury to the heart
- Correcting other congential and acquired heart defects
- Heart, lung, and heart/lung transplants
An adult Cardiovascular surgeon performs surgeries like:
- Valve replacement (cardiac) – the replacement of an aortic valve with a transplanted or mechanical valve.
- Coronary artery graft (cardiac) – the replacement of coronary arteries with veins or arteries from elsewhere on the body.
- Pneumonectomy (thoracic) – the removal of a whole lung.
- Wedge resection (thoracic) – the removal of a section of the lung.
- Lobectomy (thoracic) – the removal of a lobe of the lung.
Different types of specializations in cardiology
- Depending on the field of specialization and experience, there are four different types of cardiology doctors.
- Non-invasive cardiologists are heart doctors that specialize in prevention in worsening of cardiovascular disease.
- Invasive cardiology doctors have specializations in therapeutic and diagnostic procedures and diagnose heart diseases like cardiac catheterization or angiography.
- Interventional cardiologists perform procedures like coronary angioplasty.
- Cardiac electrophysiologists have specializations in the treatment of heart rhythm disorders, and perform procedures like cardiac ablation.
- Cardiac Surgeons perform surgical procedures like Bypass Surgery, Heart Valve Replacement, Heart Transplant, Open Heart Surgery, and other cardiac procedures.
What are the Educational Qualifications of a Cardiovascular Surgeon?
The basic qualification needed to become a Cardiovascular surgeon is an MBBS degree from any Institute approved by the Medical Council of India. Then he/she should do three year MS in General Surgery. He/she should also complete three year MCh in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
Top 5 heart procedures/surgeries performed by a Cardiac Surgeon in Bangalore
- Aortic surgery: Surgery to repair or replace aortic aneurysms and aortic dissections.
- Aortic valve replacement surgery: Surgery to repair or replace an aortic valve that is not working correctly.
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery: A surgical procedure in which the blocked portion of the coronary artery is bypassed with another piece of blood vessel.
- Heart transplant: A surgical option to treat advanced heart failure, a condition that occurs when the heart can't pump enough oxygenated blood to meet the needs of the body's organs.
- Congenital heart surgery: Corrective surgery to fix or treat a genetic heart defect.
What are the various types of tests performed by a cardiovascular surgeon to treat heart disease?
Besides blood tests and a chest X-ray, a cardiovascular surgeon or a heart surgeon may conduct the following tests to diagnose heart disease
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Holter monitoring
- Stress test.
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
How much does Cardiovascular Surgeon in Bangalore charge?
The cost of your Cardiac surgery and fees of your Cardiovascular surgeon can vary depending upon the type of surgery, stay at the hospital, food, drugs and other consumables.
- Aortic surgery cost: 6.8lacs - 10lacs.
- Heart Transplant surgery cost: 20lacs-30lacs.
- Bypass Surgery: Rs7lacs-8lacs
- Valve Replacement Surgery cost: Rs.2.5 lacs and Rs.2.75 lacs
Cardiovascular surgery appointment
To schedule a cardiovascular surgery or heart surgery appointment at a Cardiology hospital, please call us at: 080 6814 4299. Our medical experts will guide you on the basis of your medical condition and symptoms and help you find the right cardiology hospital.